Communication Skills and Personality Development/ Content Writing /English Language
Course Description– Guidelines to Study the Subject:
- Language learning and content writing is not associated with some mechanical learning. It is just an acquisition of the language and writing contents. So, in order to learn language and communication it is always suggested to experience the language.
- To experience the language and writing contents it is very essential for students to co-relate their classroom learning with their outside work.
- Once you co-relate your both classroom and outside learning, there will be perfection in language learning, speaking skills and writing contents.
- Continuous motivational approach has to be adopted so that students can be active participants during the course of language acquisition and Content writing.
Duration of Course: 3 Months
No of Lectures: 33 Lectures
Hours: 1.5 Hours
Course Objectives & Learning Outcomes:
- To develop communication skills and Creative Content Writing as well as positive personality traits
- To acquire a language suitable for technical communication and writing
- To inculcate the habit of regular reading and writing.
- You will be able to write simple and correct sentences.
- You will be able to develop your personality through effective communication skills.
- You will be able to Speak English Fluently.
- You will be able to handle the difficulty in communication in diverse environments.
- You will able to write papers, proposals, reports etc.
- You will be able to appreciate any piece of writing and comprehend it.
- You will be able to adopt the traits of leaders, management and good Communicator/Creative content writer.
Course Outline :
|Lectures||Course Contents||Learning objectives|
|At the end of the session students will understand the basic concept of communication, its need in current scenario & how communication is important for Personality Development developing the language skills.
How Communication is Important for Personality Development and the Daily Life
|Lecture3|| Types of communication
7 C’s of
Effective and Efficient Communication/Writing techniques
|Lecture 5||Principles of Communication||At the end of the session students will have clear concept of different kinds & the uses of communication. And methods & strategies or effective communication.
Learning to develop Creative Concepts for writing the meaningful contents
|Lecture 6||Barriers in Communication
|Lecture 7||Effective Communications
Modern Technology for Communication
|Lecture 8||Creative Concepts for Content Development and Writing the Creative Contents|
|Review of Grammar:
|At the end of the session students will have basic knowledge of.
Sentence & its kind.
Parts of speech & their uses for correct writing.
Change the sentences from one form to another.
Verbs & their uses for correct tense.
Change the sentences from direct to indirect
|Lecture 10||Verbal & Non-verbal Communication
Individual Cultural variables
|Lecture 11||Traits of Good Communicators
|Lecture 12||Principles of Business Communication
|Lecture 13||Concreteness of Communication
|At the end of the session students will have basic knowledge of Business terminology.
Sentence formation by Idioms and Phrases
|Lecture 15||Common Errors,
Use of Dictionary for Learning to Pronounce,
|Lecture 16||Language Practice and Negotiation Skill
|Lecture 18||Content Writing :Word Formation : by adding Prefixes & Suffixes|
|Lecture 19||Writing the Creative Content
|Lecture 20||Spoken English:
Audience Psychology & Presentation Skills
|At the end of the session students will be able to understand different audience psychology.
They will understand presentation skills & art of best presentation to present during conference (National & International).
Certain exercises for verbal & non-verbal communication & its importance in Business and Daily life education.
Interview & its need in modern professionalism, its kind & how to attend an interview?
Group discussion & its need in modern scenario.
Debate and its need
What is telephonic/email or Social media communication? How is this important in current field?
|Lecture 21||Using Verbal & Non-verbal Communication
|Lecture 22||Interview Techniques
|Lecture 23||Debate and Negotiation Skills
|Lecture 24||Telephonic/Email or Social Media Conversation
|Lecture 25||Reading: Skimming and Scanning|
|Lecture 26||Content Writing Skills:
|At the end of the session students will be able to understand written communication & its importance in current scenario.
To understand different forms of written communication:
Précis, Letter, CV writing & Resume writing.
Report writing & its need in current scenario.
Need of note making & note taking.
|Lecture 27||Letter Writing,
C V Writing,
Listening, Reading, Comprehension (Exercise of prescribed short answers)
|Lecture 28||Preparation of Report,
|Lecture 29||Personality Development
Group Dynamics and Team Building
|At the end of the session students will be able to understand How to Interact and communicate within a Team, how to resolve the conflicts and how to manage the stress by developing the Motivational Aspects in the personality.
How to lead in different roles
|Stress Management – Causes of Stress – Impact of Stress – Managing Stress
Conflict Resolution through Communication and Content Writing
|Lecture 31||Final project Topic Selection||The Students will Choose a topic for the Final project|
|Lecture 32||Final project Topic Discussion||The Students will Choose a topic for the Final project|
|Lecture 33||Final Project Presentation||Final Project Presentation|